Activating the Neural Circuits of Kindness, Caring, and Love . Practical Neuroscience for Transformation
A FREE Online Event Series.
Dr. Rick Hanson presents a FREE eight-part video series—The Compassionate Brain—that explores effective ways to change your brain and heart and life.
In each interview, Dr. Hanson is joined by a world-class scholar/teacher, including Richie Davidson, Dan Siegel, Tara Brach, Dacher Keltner, Kelly McGonigal, Kristin Neff, and Jean Houston. They discuss different ways to use the power of neuroplasticity—how the mind can change the brain to transform the mind—to open the heart, build courage, find compassion, forgive oneself and others, and heal the world.
The Compassionate Brain Topics and Guests:
• Session 1: How the Mind Changes the Brain. With Dr. Richie Davidson, professor of psychology at the University of Wisconsin and co-editor of The Asymmetrical Brain
• Session 2: Mindfulness of Oneself and Others . With Dr. Daniel Siegel, executive director of the Mindsight Institute and author of Mindsight: The New Science of Personal Transformation
• Session 3: Cultivating a Forgiving Heart . With Dr. Tara Brach, founder of the Insight Meditation Community of Washington and author of Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life with the Heart of a Buddha
• Session 4: The Evolution of Compassion: From Gene to Meme . With Dr. Dacher Keltner, professor of psychology at the University of California, Berkeley and author of Born to Be Good: The Science of a Meaningful Life
• Session 5: Balancing Compassion and Assertiveness . With Dr. Kelly McGonigal, senior teacher and consultant for the Stanford Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education and author of The Willpower Instinct: How Self-Control Works, Why It Matters, and What You Can Do to Get More of It
• Session 6: The Power of Self-Compassion . With Dr. Kristin Neff, professor of human development and culture at the University of Texas, Austin and author of Self-Compassion: Stop Beating Yourself Up and Leave Insecurity Behind
• Session 7: Compassion in the Wider World . With Dr. Jean Houston, co-founder of The Foundation for Mind Research and author of The Possible Human: A Course in Enhancing Your Physical, Mental, and Creative Abilities
• Session 8: At Home in the Heart—Practical Takeaways from This Series . With Dr. Rick Hanson
Discover the Power of Self-Directed Neuroplasticity
“Perhaps the most valuable result of our new discoveries about neuroplasticity,” says Dr. Rick Hanson, “is that it helps us bring our brain into harmony with the greatest virtues of our heart.” With The Compassionate Brain FREE video event series, Dr. Rick Hanson invites you to join him and his seven guests to explore the profound implications of this cutting-edge science—and how you can use it to guide your own transformation.